Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Serious about Horsepower - Serious about FUN

I was at the gym yesterday trying to lower my weight (partly to improve my car's power to weight ratio.... partly to boost my own octane-less human power)... and during that hour in the gym I was watching Tom Cruise's so-so movie War of the Worlds (imdb)... in that movie Tom uses a stolen minivan to escape from the Aliens and drive across the country....


Now I understand the use of the mini-van (as apposed to his wrecked muscle car) to crystalize the idea in the viewers mind that he has transformed (due to very harsh events) from a single dad to a soccer mom and that he will now fend for his offspring (from his minivan) with vengence.... however, my honest thought was 'A minivan? How lame? Couldn't they have given him a cooler car?'

Today I happened to run into some people that could have probably delivered tom with a much more interesting vehicle for the job... people who seem to be serious about horsepower, off-the-leash off-road fun, and music ... check out the video and gallery below


No comments:

Post a Comment