Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Diabolique & Sinister

There is one car that I have openly lusted over for as long as I can remember...

The Lamborghinni Diablo VT-TT is a twin-turbocharged exclusive Lambo that was made in a very limited (5 or 6 unique cars) production run. The car built on top of the Diablo's V12 engine with Twin T4 turbochargers pushing power limits as high as 900+ horsepower...

Read more about the VT-TT on Wikipedia

As I got older and more familiar with after-market performance, I learned that it was possible to achieve similar performance figures from a twin-turbocharged Japanese import such as the 3000GT VR4, the Toyota Supra, the Nissan Skyline... and other similarly twin-turbocharged V6 or V8 cars. I no longer have the NEED to one day own a VT-TT; however that car still has a special place in my heart as it was THE MUSE for me personally.

So, I was browsing ebay today and I ran across this twin-supercharger kit for the Lamborghinni Diablo. The kit consists of two Eaton M90 superchargers and thus depending on the actual boost level is capable of delivering between 750 and 1100 horsepower according to the owner's desires. I'm pretty sure this is the only Diablo Supercharger Kit in existence today... furthermore, this ebay page will possibly disappear from internet history very soon as ebay pages are temporary and don't get archived. So I feel obligated, for the sake of posterity and as an homage to my muse, THE MUSE, THE Diablo... I feel obligated to save a copy of that page here for future generations of car enthusiasts to get inspired by the insanity that is el diablo.

Here is the video on youtube 

Posted by Horsepower Calculator via gmail

No comments:

Post a Comment